[Posted May 8, 2018] Believe it or not, we’re running toward the end of the 2017-18 school year, coming in just more than a month. Along with the students from the Class of 2018, this will also mark the end of some outstanding careers at Uni for eight teachers and administrators who are retiring:
- Karen Crowley-Marks ~ Dean of Students (pictured above/right)
- Eric Davidson ~ Principal
- Ali Galedary ~ Former Assistant Principal; Operations Coordinator
- Cleo Ingram ~ Teacher, Community-Based Instruction (pictured above/left)
- Maria Morales ~ Food Service
- Martha Morinaka ~ School Administrative Assistant
- Dr. Deborah Robbins ~ Teacher, History and AVID
- Art Shane ~ Teacher, Music
Many of these individuals have given long service to Uni, especially Ingram, who has been part of Uni’s campus life for 38 years. Crowley came to Uni in 1994 as a mathematics teacher and began the school’s Peer Mediation Program in 2007. Morales has been a key member of the food service staff for 26 years. Robbins came to Uni after teaching architectural history at USC and has been part of the Uni faculty for 19 years.
Shane’s efforts left a physical legacy at Uni. He wrote the initial grant application in 2005 that was eventually matched by the District, resulting in $3 million that transformed the old auto body and printing shop into a multi-functional, top-of-the-line digital recording studio.
Congratulations to all of these men and women, who have contributed so much to Uni and its students during their tenure.