[Posted December 28, 2015] The Los Angeles Unified School District requires that each of its school collect a census of the student body for each academic year. For the 2015-16 year, Uni’s demographic spread as of December was:
- Hispanic: 916 students (54.9%)
- Black: 399 students (23.9%)
- White: 172 students (10.3%)
- Asian: 126 students (7.5%)
- Filipino: 34 students (2.0%)
- Pacific Islander: 7 students (0.4%)
- American Indian/Alaska native: 4 students (0.2%)
- Unknown: 12 students (0.7%)
The total of 1,670 students, in grades 9-12, is a different reality from the 3,000+ students that used to attend Uni in grades 10-12, but is an accurate reflection of the student bodies in LAUSD schools. The goal of the UHEF is to assist the educational effort on-campus to make the Uni experience as good or better for today’s students as it was at any time in the past.
If you’d like to add your name to the UHEF Donor Roll, just go to the UHEF.org “Donate Now” page and enter your information (credit cards accepted securely through PayPal) to support Uni!