[Posted Apr. 1, 2017] In the new “California Dashboard” report on school performance, Uni earned mixed marks in the first release for Spring 2017.
This first “Equity Report” showed Uni doing well on graduation rates, excellent on keeping suspensions down, but poor on the progress of its English learners. A summary of the findings:
- Uni reported 1,671 students total in grades 9-12, of which 9% are “English learners”
- Of the total student body, 73% are considered “socioeconomically disadvantaged”
- Graduation rate: Medium ~ 87.8% (up 3.3% from 2016)
- Suspension rate: Low ~ 1.3% (down 2.3% from 2016)
- English Learner Progress: Very Low ~ 52.7% (down 17.5% from 2016)
Specific reporting on individual student groups was also included in the report. Learning assessments based on testing of 11th-grade students will not be available until the fall.
There is more detail in the online report, available here.